The Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Paty is a ticketed event offering guests a VIP experience to watch the Happily Ever After fireworks extravaganza at Magic Kingdom. With desserts, drinks and an amazing view of fireworks, the fireworks parties are one of the hottest tickets in Disney World and there are 3 parties to choose from.
If you’re planning your own Happily Ever After fireworks experience, read on for our guide to the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Parties.
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Parties
There are 3 fireworks parties held in Magic Kingdom and they take place in the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant:
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Pre-Party
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Post-Party
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties: Seats & Sweets
Pre and Post Fireworks Dessert Party
The pre and post dessert parties follow a similar format: both include a dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant but the timing of the dessert party varies – pre takes place before the fireworks and post takes place after the fireworks. During the fireworks, guests from both parties have access to a reserved viewing area in front of the outdoor seating at Plaza Gardens.
Seats & Sweets Dessert Party
The Seats & Sweets Party takes place during the fireworks and guests watch the fireworks from the patio of the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
Where is the viewing area for the fireworks?
Guests attending the pre and post-fireworks party have access to a reserved viewing area in Plaza Garden:
If you are attending the Sweets and Treats party you will watch the fireworks from the patio of the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant.
Map of the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Parties
This map, which shows the location of the reserved viewing area and Tommorowland Terrace Restaurant relative to the castle, should help you visualise:
How to book the Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties are part of Walt Disney World’s Enchanting Extras collection – these are a collection of special add-ons including Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, park tours, the lightsaber build at Sabi’s Workshop and special animal encounters at Animal Kingdom. Similar to dining, advance reservations are essential. Here’s what you need to know:
- Advance reservations: for guests with a Disney Resort hotel reservation, advance reservations for the dessert parties open at 12am 60 days + the duration of your stay (up to a maximum of 10 days). For all other guests, reservations open 60 days in advance starting at 12am EST. It’s fastest finger first so prepare your preferred appointment dates and times in advance. If the reservations are not open at 12am, keep checking – they can sometimes open within the next few hours.
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Tip: if you are based in the UK, the Enchanting Extras are usually released at 6am (although it can be 5am in the weeks around the clock changing so make sure to double check!).
How to book the Fireworks Dessert Party from the UK/outside the US?
Guests outside the US can’t reserve Enchanting Extras through the app like regular dining reservations. Instead, they must speak directly to a Cast Member (or use our below technique to book themselves online!).
We find that calling up is not a great option for events like the Dessert Parties or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where the slots sell out within seconds of being released. Luckily, there is a workaround that will allow you to reserve online from outside the US!
To reserve Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Parties from the UK/outside the US, you will need to have a VPN – a VPN is a connection that allows you to choose your location so you can appear to be in the US and hence, have the opportunity to reserve Enchanting Extras like the VIP fireworks party online!
Choosing a VPN: we use Express VPN and Nord VPN (I like Express VPN, Dave prefers Nord VPN !) any time we log onto a public connection so we always have a VPN during our travels. They both offer monthly subscriptions and often have free trial periods so are easy to activate for your 60-day dining window opening.
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Tip: we don’t recommend using a free VPN because you are sharing your data. There is no guarantee that the safety features are up to standard or your information may be sold.
If you miss out on the 60-day drop
Don’t stress, you can still get a cancelation. Here’s how we pick up Enchanting Extras and dining cancelations:
- Dining Alerts: dining alerts are a Walt Disney World essential and we recommend signing up to Mouse Dining. You sign up, set alerts to your desired reservations (e.g. dessert party on the 21st) and, as soon as a slot becomes available, the dining alert service will alert you via email and/or text so you can reserve it immediately. We rely heavily on dining alerts in the run-up to all our Walt Disney World and Disneyland California trips and we’ve always been able to secure every reservation we want. We’ve tried a few services and always return to Mouse Dining as their alerts are super speedy and reliable – Mouse Dining has a free service (email only, 6 alerts) but we use the monthly subscription ($9, email and text alerts, includes international texts) in the months leading up to our Walt Disney World visit. If you want one of the highly sought after reservations like the dessert parties, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Cinderella’s Royal Table then we’d recommend the paid monthly subscription as you can set up alerts for all your planned Magic Kingdom Days and we always notice the text alerts instantly. Make sure to practice with an easy-to-secure reservation so you know the exact process – this is essential as reservations are snapped up almost instantly! – check out Mouse Dining here!
- Last Minute Availability (7 days out): if you don’t manage to secure a reservation in the months and weeks leading to your visit to Walt Disney World, there is still hope! There is a 7-day cancellation policy for the dessert parties (the full price is refunded for cancelations more than 7 days in advance) so keep trying as the cancelation window for your date approaches.
Is the Magic Kingdom Dessert Party Worth it?
For us, the dessert party is absolutely worth it and we consider it one of our favorite Magic Kingdom experiences. It is great to just rock up to an area with a wonderful view of the fireworks and chill out with the kids. We appreciate the personal space and not having to worry about arriving early to secure a good spot for the fireworks.
But, of course, it is a splurge. We look at it the cost of accessing the VIP viewing area – the desserts and drinks are an added, albeit delicious, bonus!
Is the Pre or Post-Dessert Party the best?
It’s a matter of personal opinion! Both have access to the same reserved viewing area, it’s just the timing of the dessert party that varies.
Fireworks view from the Pre and Post Dessert Party
The reserved viewing area has an excellent view of the castle – it’s almost perfectly straight on.
There is a clear view of the castle projections and the fireworks and a partial view of the projections on Main Street.
Post Dessert Party
Guests first watch the fireworks from the reserved area and then go to Tomorrowland Terrace for the dessert party.
Check-in is at the Tomorrowland Terrace and opens 60 minutes prior to the fireworks and, after checking in for the pre party, you can go straight to the reserved area – we arrived early and had lots of time to chill out on the grass chatting with other partygoers. We had an awesome spot for the fireworks and enjoyed the build-up. Afterwards, we headed to the Tomorrowland Terrace for a leisurely after-party and enjoyed lots of delicious desserts and drinks.
Pros: enjoy the dessert party at your leisure, avoid the mass exodus from Magic Kingdom after the fireworks, can arrive at the reserved area well in advance of the fireworks
Cons: waiting around for the fireworks (although you can exit and return to go the bathroom!), the timing of the dessert party might be too late for younger kids to enjoy
Pre Dessert Party
Guests attend the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party prior to the fireworks and are escorted over to the reserved area before the fireworks begin.
Check-in opens 90 minutes prior to the fireworks and guests can enjoy food and drinks until they are escorted to the reserved viewing area.
Pros: enjoy desserts and drinks prior to the fireworks, earlier finish if you are attending with kids
Cons: it can feel a little rushed as the fireworks time approaches, front spots in the reserved area will likely already be occupied by the post-party guests
Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Tip: we have 3 young kids (currently 4, 5 and 1) and we prefer the post fireworks dessert party. With the post party, we can arrive in the reserved area in advance of the fireworks and grab a spot near the front so the kids can have a good view. Our 1 year old is asleep by the time the dessert party rolls around and our 4 and 5 years olds are old enough to be able to enjoy the occassional late night so we can enjoy some leisurely food and drinks before going back to our accomadation.
Is Seats & Sweets better than the pre and post fireworks party?
It’s different! Guests at Seats & Sweets watch the fireworks from their table on the patio of Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. It’s usually first come, first served for the table choices on the terrace.
Seats & Sweets is great if you want to have a seat to enjoy the fireworks from. It’s definitely the most laid-back of the 3 options and you don’t have to share your personal space with anyone!
Fireworks view from Seats and Sweets
The Tomorrowland Terrace patio has a good view of the fireworks but is off to the side rather than straight towards the castle. There’s also a line of trees obscuring the lower part of the castle. It’s not possible to see the projections on Main Street from the patio.
Pros: you can sit down for the duration of the party/fireworks, you have your own table and space, easy access to the bathrooms, a lovely way to experience the fireworks
Cons: the view, although good, is off to the side and the projections are partially obscured in the lower part of the castle.
How much are the Tommorowland Dessert Parties?
2023 Fireworks Dessert Parties are priced as follows:
- Seats & Sweets Fireworks Dessert Pary: $114 per adult (ages 10 and up) $69 per child for children aged 3 to 9. Tax is included. Gratuity is not included or required.
- Pre and Post Fireworks Dessert Pary: $99 per adult (ages 10 and up) $59 per child for children aged 3 to 9. Tax is included. Gratuity is not included or required.
Remember, you need a valid theme park ticket to enter Magic Kingdom and attend the party. This is separate and in addition to the party tickets.
What’s included in the Dessert Parties?
The 3 Magic Kingdom Dessert Parties include:
- Delicious desserts prepared by the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant pastry chefs
- A variety of cheeses
- Beverages, including an assortment of beer and wine (alcohol only available for guests aged 21 and over with a valid form of identification)
- Fireworks view from a reserved area (Pre and Post Party) or the patio of Tommorowland Terrace Restaurant (Seats & Sweets)
What food and drinks are served at the Dessert Party?
There is a wide selection of food (desserts and cheeses) and drinks (soft drinks, hot drinks and alcohol) served.
Food and drink offerings. We’ve included the food and drinks served on our previous visits:
Drink options include:
- Tea, Coffe and Hot chocolate
- Wines: Red (Zolo Signature Red Blend), white (Veramonte Chardonnay and Saraggo Moscato d’Asti) and sparkling wine (Paul Cheneau Lady of Spain Cuvee Cava)
- Beer (Bud Light and Blue Moon Belgium White Ale)
- Soft Drinks, Lemonade (regular and strawberry), iced tea
- POG juice
Food options include:
- Devil’s Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Decorate your own cookie station
- Coconut Cake
- Chocolate Silk Pie
- Cheese, crackers and fruit
- Cookies ‘n cream cheesecake mousse
- Chilling Chamber Pots
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Dipped Marshmallows
Is there vegan food at the dessert party?
Yes! We requested a vegan/dairy-free option for one of our party and they received their own plate of desserts.
Can kids attend the Dessert Party?
Yes, kids aged 3-9 pay a reduced rate for the party. We attended with our 1, 4 and 5 year old and there were other kids in the reserved area.
Can I bring a Stroller to the Fireworks Dessert Party?
Yes! We brought our stroller to both the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and the reserved viewing area – strollers were parked at the back of the reserved viewing area.
For more information on bringing a stroller to the parks, check out our guide to strollers at Walt Disney World.
Can I cancel the Fireworks Dessert Party?
Dessert parties are charged in full at the time of the reservation. A full refund is issued for cancelations more than 7 days out (we’ve canceled before and have received the full refund without issue).
For more on Walt Disney World’s Enchanting Extras
- Check out our guide to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Magic Kingdom